COLONY CAFE – CAT LOFT RULES
Colony Cafe is designed to assure the health and happiness of our cats – and the safety and enjoyment of our guests. Our trained Cat Loft Manager will be on hand to ensure both cats and people have a wonderful time together by following a few basic rules:
The Colony Cafe food menu was created for people – not cats. Guests are welcome to bring food and drinks from the cafe into the Cat Loft, but they must not feed or tempt the cats with it.
Cats are unpredictable – that’s one reason why we love them! Just a few common sense rules will help you and the cats have a great time:
- No flash photos – bright lights hurt feline eyes.
- Playing with toys – Colony Cafe has a selection of approved toys available. If you don’t see one you like, ask one of our Cat Loft team and they’ll get you one. Please do not use unapproved objects as toys.
- Children may not pick up cats.
- No chasing, grabbing or hitting cats – this will get you ejected immediately.
Cat's don't react well to loud noises or sudden movements. Respect other guests while in the Cat Loft.
- No running
- No yelling or loud voices
- No speakerphone or video calls, or playing any kind of audio from personal devices
All of Colony’s cat’s come to us in good health, fully vaccinated, and microchipped courtesy of Animal Friends. We ask that you help us keep our cats healthy. Please sanitize your hands as you enter and leave the Cat Loft (we have several Purell stations).
Most cats sleep 16-20 hours a day, so you'll likely encounter more than a few sleeping cats during your visit. They generally don’t mind being petted while they snooze – but please don’t try to agitate them.
Visiting with children
Except for during designated all-ages events, Colony Cafe welcomes children 8 years or older. All children under 12 must be accompanied in the Cat Loft by a parent or adult guardian.
You must digitally agree to our terms and conditions in the online booking process for the Cat Loft. This waiver explains that sometimes cats cause accidents – and that you agree to the Cat Loft Rules and take responsibility for what might happen when you handle cats. The waiver for the adult who books the reservation also covers any children in his or her party. Walk-in guests are required to sign paper waivers which the cafe provides for you.