Interested in a Colony Cat?
All of the cats in the Cat Loft are adoptable. We follow the same adoption process as our rescue partner, Animal Friends. If you are interested in a Colony Cat, you may complete a paper application at the cafe, or online here. It takes a few days to process your application, and, if you are approved, we'll set up a time for you to pick up your new family member right from the cafe.
Animal Friends requests an adoption donation of $85 for cats six months or older, $100 for kittens under six months, and $50 for cats 10 years or older. If your application is approved, the fee is due at the time of pickup, payable by check or cash only. 100% of the adoption fee goes to Animal Friends.
Good to Know
- Adopters must be at least 21 years of age
- 2-for-1: one adoption fee will cover two cats
- Animal Friends waives the fee for active duty service members or military veterans
- Adopters 60 years or older pay a discounted adoption fee
- If you rent your home, we will need to see a copy of your lease that states pets are allowed
As a cat cafe, Colony doesn't operate like many shelters, with cats kept in cages and open to human visitors without an appointment. The cats at Colony roam freely in the Cat Loft and we manage closely the number and age of human guests, and time spent with the cats to ensure their comfort and safety.
To meet the residents currently at Colony, we recommend booking an hour-long visit online to guarantee a spot when you can spend time with the cats in a relaxing environment.